Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I would like to honor all fathers today - from my Heavenly Father to my earthly father, who was Warren Oliver Hardy.
He returned to his Heavenly Father in 1974 at the age of 56.
He didn't live as long as I think he should have, but he did leave a legacy.
There are two things that to this day I can visualize in my mind's eye when I think of my Daddy. He was a friend with a BIG SMILE to everyone, and the other was his LONG LEGS. Those long legs have been a symbol of his influence on my life, as well as my sisters Laura (Teeny), Kaye and my brother Warren (Butch). Those long legs that stretched across a ditch while he took our hand and helped us jump across - long legs that ran along side a railroad car, then jump on and waved goodbye - long legs that danced with us at the ward youth dances. Those long legs led us into the water of baptism and into the bishop's office for tithing settlement -- long legs that were busy running all over helping anyone that needed help - spiritual or physical.
Yes, Daddy's BIG SMILE that went from ear to ear, and those LONG LEGS that carried his whole being into the service of others and his Heavenly Father.
SMILES AND LONG LEGS - THAT'S MY DADDY.

No comments: