Wednesday, July 1, 2009

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY - A CHOICE LAND

This flagpole with the eagle on top is in the Joseph City cemetery.
It was Jim's Eagle Scout project in 1982.
This picture was taken last month at Dora Turley's graveside services.
A CHOICE LAND
by Kaye Rominger
The air is cool, the sky is clear.
I listen to the pines whisper in my ear.
"You're free, you're free, they softly say.
Others before you have led the way.
They gave their lives for this promised land,
Against God's enemy they made their stand.
The time has come to do your part.
Come my child serve God with all your heart."
The sun shines brightly, the birds are gay.
I listen as they sing and play.
Their message is so very sweet,
"This land is great, no other can compete.
We see God's treasures in this blest land.
They can be preserved by your human hand.
Cherish nature," they seem to say.
"So that others may enjoy it in a later day."
Now as I kneel upon the ground,
I listen to the forest's sound.
A reverent prayer I seem to hear
And I know that God is very near.
I thank Him for this land so great,
And I pray I may cherish it for other's sake;
That they may see its treasure too,
And know God made it for me and you.