Saturday, February 21, 2009

A cruise on the USS Relation"ship"

Cruise with Princess Park Ward on the
USS Relation Ship
Departing Friday, February 20
Enjoy an Elegant Dinner
Entertainment
and Guest Speaker
As Ward Activity Chairmans, Ray and I were in charge.
We had a lot of good help and the evening was a success.
We had 100 passengers on board.
Marcy, my daughter-in-law, decorated a beautiful backdrop
where passengers could have their pictures taken
and she was also the photographer.
This is the gangway to board the ship.
The posts, red carpet and seagull are the handiwork of our
co-charimans Anna Mae and Ken McTeer.
Opps - this picture is out of place.
This is Trevon (Richard and Marcy 's 2nd) and his friend Brigham.
We had 14 YM and YW help serve the meal. They did a
tremendous job.
Captain Smith greeted each person that came on board.
This is Anna Mae and Ken .
They were the Host and Hostess for the evening.
Didn't they dress the part and aren't they a cute couple!
This is Ray and I
Howard, Tiffani and Tatum enjoyed the cruise too
This is Richard and Marcy, cruise director and photographer.

There were 14 porthole paintings around the room
which gave you a feeling of looking out on the ocean.
Our menu was Chicken Cordon Bleu, Garlic Mashed Potatoes,
Green Bean wrapped in Bacon, Mandarin Orange Salad with
Poppy Seed Dressing, Dinner Rolls, and Carrot Cake
The fruitfall was beautiful. It was the creation of
Marcy Burr.
Kellie was the guest speaker. She talked about
relationships with spouses, friends, family, and
even the check out clerk. She ended with the poem
written by my mother "Notice the Roses" which
is on an earlier blog of mine.
Torrin dancing to "Phenomental Woman"

Zoe dancing "Dream"
Zoe and Torrin doing a duo tap dance

Teagon Rogers, my nephew's son. He has the BEAT!!
He was a big hit and I thank him for standing in at the
last minute
I am so grateful to my family for their help and support.
I did have a picture of Jim's family on this blog, but somehow
I lost it. I am still learning.
FYI - Richard's family, Kellie and Ray and I
are all in the same Ward.
Go to Marcy's blog for more pictures of the cruise.

1 comment:

Turleygirl said...

It sure was fun wasn't it! Good work Jerry.